[MAJOR BUG] g++ 2.95.x generates invalid code for KDE 3.3.0

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sun Sep 19 21:11:54 BST 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 21:56, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> I don't think it's sufficient to have one developer check whether KDE
> still works with gcc-2.95. Actually, the current situation has already
> proven this point. KDE 3.3.0 doesn't work with gcc-2.95. That's a fact.

KDE 3.3.0 works fine on the 4.x branch of FreeBSD which ships with gcc 2.95.4
as system compiler.

The KDE/FreeBSD team which packages KDE for FreeBSD can be safely added to the
number of developers checking that KDE works with gcc 2.95 (in fact, the
kde-freebsd team has contributed a number of gcc-2.95 compatibility fixes in
the past). The buildlogs of our ongoing cvs builds are publicly accessible,
too, so if anybody wants to check the current status of his code on FreeBSD
4.x/gcc 2.95.4, those logs are a good indicator...
(http://rabarber.fruitsalad.org/list.html, scroll down to find the latest
builds).

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org