[MAJOR BUG] g++ 2.95.x generates invalid code for KDE 3.3.0

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Sun Sep 19 15:06:35 BST 2004

Am Sonntag, 19. September 2004 15:28 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >And I SERIOUSLY recommend that for KDE 4, gcc 2.95 is no longer supported.
>
> In light of Adrian's email, I rephrase myself: g++ 2.95 no longer
> supported, while on Linux strongly discouraged.

Why discouraged? This is the very first gross bug that I've ever encountered
with 2.95. No need to crap it therefore. (And I would have noticed this bug
before the release had I compiled *all* packages for the betas/rcs.)

I'm willing to stay the gcc-2.95 compliance police as long as I'm using
gcc-2.95 (as I've already done for the 3.2 and 3.3 releases). I just have to
do more thorough testing of the betas/rcs.

mfg
 Leo