RFC: kdenonbeta reorganisation

Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 17 22:49:40 BST 2004

On Friday 17 September 2004 06:38 am, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> The kdenonbeta CVS module has a high degree of unmaintainability due to its
> size and the rather large difference in maturity between the various
> projects inside it. To make it more accessable and better maintainable, I
> would like to propose to split kdenonbeta in the following modules:
>
> 1) kdeplayground-1, kdeplayground-2, ..., kdeplayground-N

I like this suggestion, although I think that Binner's kindergarten name
suggestion is so funny that I'd cry if we didn't use it. ;-)

> 2) kdereview-1, kdereview-2, ..., kdereview-N
>
> The kdereview modules are intended as staging area for relative stable
> software before it goes to one of the main KDE modules, or to kdeextragear.
> Typically it would be used to adjust imported projects to the KDE build
> environment and ideally it would receive a security review, usability
> review and some style guide compliance checking before it moves along.

I like this too.  One question though, how would this affect KDE-related
programs in kdenonbeta that don't actually possess a GUI?  I'm talking about
kdecvs-build (which does have a GUI config wizard, but the program itself is
a Perl script) here.  I'd be all for a security review however.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne