DCOP D-BUS HAL and new cd's

Harald Fernengel harald at trolltech.com
Fri Sep 17 11:51:33 BST 2004

Hi,

On Thursday 16 September 2004 08:08, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> Currently KAudioCreator, kscd (and others?) polls the cd device whenever
> the apps are open.  Looking forward I would like to replace that with some
> sort of system that can send KAudioCreator a message that the cd was
> ejected or inserted.
>
> As DCOP, D-BUS, and HAL are the current talk of the town I was curious if
> it was discoused at akadamy and what the results were.

I'm currently working on D-BUS bindings for Qt 4, mainly for accessibility
reasons. You can find a preview of the API on the slides for my aKademy talk:

http://conference2004.kde.org/slides/harald.fernengel-makingqtkdeappsaccesible.html

I'll release that stuff after Qt 4 TP2 is out. Backporting to Qt 3 will be
difficult, since I heavily use the new MetaType system.

Best regards,
Harald