KDElibs: KSystemTray: On window close dialog

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at tiscalinet.be
Thu Sep 16 08:21:48 BST 2004

Le Mercredi 15 Septembre 2004 23:37, Sébastien Laoût [temporar] a écrit :
> I've implemented it here:
> http://les83plus.free.fr/sebastien.laout/basket/usability-on-close-info.htm
>l (screenshots + comments + code)

looks good.

Maybe you should use KMessageBox::shouldBeShown  to don't take the screenshot
if the user already clicked on the  "don't show again"   checkbox.

> I am asking you if it can be added to KDE libs for KDE 3.4.
> Since then, every app could call the KSystemTray::hideWindowMessage() or
> other method to display it (displayHideMessage()...).
> This also would uniform such feedback to the user...

Yes, please.

> Unfortunaly, I haven't any CVS account and even less skill in CVS :-/
> So I couldn't do it myself.

You still may ask for one.

> I've writed the code to put into KDE CVS:
> http://les83plus.free.fr/sebastien.laout/basket/systray-close-message-into-
>kdelibs.txt

We need to add a way to have a dontAskAgainName checkbox in the queued
messagebox, and you will be able to remove your FIXME :-)   (I need this in
Kopete too)

You didn't remove the Pixmap form the QMimeFactory ,  you probably shoud.
Problem: if you uses queuedMessageBox, you can't.

don't forget to add the API documentation.

I think you can obtaon the application name from KGlobal