widget style cleanup

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Sep 15 09:52:58 BST 2004

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 03:29, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 September 2004 02:33, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > >
> > > oh please no. KSirc may not be a panacea, but replacing it with the
> > > usability abomination that is Konversation would be just replacing one
> >
> > Aaron, this is the kind of stereotypical usability "heh, heh, that app
> > sucks donkey nads,heh,heh" comment that really gets my goat. I'd expect
> > better of you.
>
> sorry. i've discussed it with others elsewhere and didn't have the time nor
> the desire at the time to polute this thread with it. some basic issues i
> can pull off the top of my head:

Thank you for the detailed response this time. _This_ makes it clear what kind
of issues Konversation has and why it shouldn't be shoehorned in as an
improvement over ksirc (remember folks, application quality is a
multi-dimensional and possibly non-euclidean space, and we've not agreed on a
distance metric nor an ordering on it, so "better" is always a dodgy word).

>  the initial dialog is a configuration dialog
>   this dialog doubles as a connection dialog

Gosh, now you mention it .. this has bothered me a little, but I can live with
it. I guess that's why you're on usability and I'm just a code monkey.

--
Don't worry, 't ain't no shame to be stupid - ol' mouse.
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot