po-file handling ("language fall-back")

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Sep 14 19:08:52 BST 2004

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 10:01, Juergen Pfennig wrote:
> Fact is that I have the nucleus of the parser and it definitely faster than
> the current one (it's a zero-malloc implementation). Is the objection against
> a new parser still so big or should I try again to contribute this work into
> KDE?

I would suggest to write unit tests (using the current implementation) in order to validate
the behavior of the parser, and speed tests; then to apply those tests to your parser;
and if it is both faster and as correct (passes all unit tests), then I don't think anyone
will have objections against it :). Zero-malloc certainly sounds good.