widget style cleanup

Andrew Coles andrew_coles at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 15:11:21 BST 2004

On Tuesday 14 Sep 2004 13:24, Andrew Coles wrote:
> The first significant hitch I've come across is that I can't find any way
> of performing in-line calculations in the document to determine, for
> example, the height of a scrollbar for a QListBox.

Woo, Javascript will do it.

e=document.getElementById("TheScrollbar");
e.style.height = newheight + 'px';

One problem down....have a section of Javascript on each page to initialise
the sizes of the dialogue members.  Once the stylesheet was applied, the
sizes of the list box items and the scrollbar arrowheads would be known, so
the calculation could pull that information from the relevant elements and
work out the scrollbar height.

So to get the abstract UI definitions: the only approach I can think of is a
visitor that traverses the GUI definition tree at run-time and converts it
back into an abstract .ui-file-like definition from which CSS dialogue
layouts can be made.

Anyone with experience care to comment on how feasible this all sounds?

Thanks,

Andrew