widget style cleanup

Josef Weidendorfer Josef.Weidendorfer at gmx.de
Tue Sep 14 13:36:24 BST 2004

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 07:11, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> Please see the attached .cpp file; apologies for the uglyness, not meant
> to be any sort of production code. This is basically what I used to tune
> keramik --- it just hammers on PE_ButtonCommand which for Ker hits the
> core rendering path -- and I think Plastik is similar with its bevel
> rendering accessible from here and occuring all over the place (please
> correct me if I am wrong)

I'm not sure this is fair. Nobody will press a few 1000 times per second on a
button. Better take an application with a "huge" configure dialog like KMail
and take times for different styles to the first appearance of this dialog.
I'm not sure if this (with most widgets hidden) will trigger any hot path in
the rendering, but I can't image many other szenarios where the performance
of the style engine may lead to sluggish interfaces. Perhaps switching among
complex profiles in Konqueror? Or

Josef