widget style cleanup

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Sun Sep 12 21:28:55 BST 2004

On Saturday 11 September 2004 05:50 pm, Frank Karlitschek wrote:

> - Move Plastik from kdeartwork to kdelibs in preparation for KDE 4.0

I would second that, as Plastik has been wildly popular. One note
though. The Plastik in HEAD seems to be sprouting a lot of new
configurtion options. I don't think there should be this many for one
of the "core" styles.

> - Add one or two nice new styles to kdeartwork.
>   For example Comix, Active Heart, Alloy or Thin Keramik.

I am ready to checkin my "Phase" style to kdeartwork today. There has
been a tiny amount of discussion on it at kde-artists, and so far no
objections. Advantages are: 1) It currently has an active maintainer;
2) It doesn't try to clone Aqua or Luna; 2) It's small and fast but not
drab and dreary.

--
David Johnson