Problem with DCOP after reecent CVS compile

Jure Repinc jlp at holodeck1.com
Wed Sep 8 10:16:36 BST 2004

Hi,

I just updated the sources from kde this morning and compiled kdelibs
and then kdebase. All this was done with automake 1.8.5 and GCC 3.4.1.
I compile in 64-bits for AMD64.

Then I exited KDE to get back at KDM and tried to login. I just got
this error message when the KDE splash screen popup up and the first
icon was flashing:

There was an error setting the inter-process communications for KDE.
The message returned by the system was:

Could not read network connection list.
/home/JLP/.DCOPserver_enterprise__0

Please check that the "dcopserver" program is runing!

When I run startx from the text mode I get this error:

startkde: Starting up...
ksplash: Inactive pixmap:
/usr/kde/cvs/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/Default/splash_inactive_bar.png
ksplash: Active pixmap:
/usr/kde/cvs/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/Default/splash_active_bar.png
Fatal error: you need to have a KInstance object before
you do anything that requires it! Examples of this are config
objects, standard directories or translations.
Warning: connect() failed: : Connection refused
Fatal error: you need to have a KInstance object before
you do anything that requires it! Examples of this are config
objects, standard directories or translations.
Could not register with DCOPServer. Aborting.
startkde: Shutting down...
Warning: connect() failed: : Connection refused
Error: Can't contact kdeinit!
startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
startkde: Done.

--