Incidents, once in a while

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Wed Sep 1 22:16:49 BST 2004

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 22.54, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > I'm posting this because I think it's healthy if this conflict is
> > reviewed by  the community's wide audience. I think criticism and
> > inspection is good.  Further, I'm stuck and don't know how to continue.
> >
> > It's about the mail exchanges I and Aaron have had on various lists about
> > different topics. One topic have been my recent work on the HIG:
> > I converted  the guidelines to docbook, moved them from developer.kde.org
> > to  usability.kde.org, and sanity edited it to bring out the content(but
> > it still  says the same).
>
> Hi Frans,
>
> perhaps Aaron was not really clear on some things making you think they
> were open for discussion while they were not.
> When Aaron posted his various points you quoted below it was not just his
> personal opinion, he was the most vocal voice of a large group of people
> present at akademy.
>
> By writing here arguing to that same group of people how badly you have
> been treated is not really going to get you the attention you need.
>
> I would really like you to take a moment; stand back and think about WHY so
> many people feel your actions are not really helping the community.

<aol>What he said</aol>

Aaron's replies (and the lack of other people replying) was largely due to the
fact that most of us at aKademy felt he was dealing with it fine, and he was
replying with at least the implicit (at least) approval of most of the people
there.   He certainly had mine.

The thing is, in case this isn't clear, we'd like you to be on the team.  You
have energy, and enthusiasm, and nobody has a problem with that.  You just
have to learn how to *be on the team*, and as far as most of us are
concerned, when it's the usability team,  Aaron is the captain.    So far
it's more like we're entered in a 4x100m relay, and you're doing the
backstroke.  That's not working.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts