Incidents, once in a while

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Wed Sep 1 22:05:03 BST 2004

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 20:27, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 September 2004 22:13, Frans Englich wrote:
> > I started the KDE Usability Articles project, which
> > exactly aims for taking care of the why/rationalis-side of usability
> > -- a documentation platform which people can "learn" usability, find
> > inspiration and on the shoulders of giants invent new things.[...]
> > http://usability.kde.org/kua/current/
> >
> > (the grayed out articles are written, I've just not found the time
> > for feeding them for review, due to finishing the HIG in time for
> > aKademy)
>
> It's interesting to note that one of the only three articles available
> is about "Discussing Usability Issues". I don't know who has written
> it, because it doesn't mention any authors, but if it is you I doubt
> that this kind of stuff will ever take off as you seem to concentrate
> on things you are apparently not very good at.

You mean I'm not good at discussing? Or writing about discussing? Or Both?

I don't really care, because that's something that always can be improved(for
example, in the case of inappropriate KUA articles).

My questions about KUA concerns on a broader level, and of course just in
general shed some light on what have happened.

> > I also need help with continuing this; If anyone have ideas how I can
> > achieve a productive discussion about for example KUA with respect to
> > other documentation efforts, without getting told to go hide under a
> > rock.
>
> If you think moving your personal problems with Aaron to the core
> developers list is a way to have a productive discussion it might in
> fact be better if you would hide under a rock ;-)

I think it's easily happend a developer conflict goes amok, with no
intervention and that the wide audience don't know what people actually say
and behaves(applies for me too of course). Also, what this touches are
central to KDE as a project, not only Me & Aaron's relation(and hence I find
it relevant for kde-core-devel). If not, well, then I've contributed an off
topic thread.

Cheers,

		Frans