Incidents, once in a while

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Wed Sep 1 21:37:58 BST 2004

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 20:23, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 September 2004 22:13, Frans Englich wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm posting this because I think it's healthy if this conflict is
> > reviewed by the community's wide audience. I think criticism and
> > inspection is good. Further, I'm stuck and don't know how to continue.

> > The common denominator in Aaron's statements isn't "I think it can be
> > done in a better way because <motivation>, and I suggest instead
> > <alternative solution>. Feedback appreciated," but it is instead...
> > insults. They are not productive or constructive because they concern
> > that people are bad, are not wanted and hurts KDE, instead of discussing
> > issues and matters(and their drawbacks). No matter what way one turn it,
> > it is unstrategic.
> >
> > Why do Aaron react as he do? I have my theories, but I think they
> > wouldn't help.
>
> KDE lives from the people who start doing actual work instead of only
> talking. AFAIK Aaron behaves usually very sensible, maybe you two just have
> a problem understanding each other.
> That said, I hope you can find a consense and both continue improving KDE
> :-)

Yes, so do I.

> Maybe you should in some way elect a maintainer of the HIG and give him
> the final word on decisions.

Yes, it have maintainers(and appropriate ones too, according to my opinion). I
don't take Aaron's comments on KUA seriously, so in that way is his
statements not relevant(how should they be taken seriously); I'm just tired
of the friction and his attitude of that he's the middle of the world. But
right, it would be great to hear some actual discussion about KUA, from the
maintainers of the HIG for example.

			Frans