Password strength meter

Enrico Ros eros.kde at email.it
Fri Oct 29 15:39:11 BST 2004

On Friday 29 October 2004 13:05, Andrew Coles wrote:
> I recently discovered a nice feature in Mozilla - in the master password
> dialogue there's a 'Password strength meter', which gives a rough
> indication of how good the password is (capitals, numbers, symbols etc.).
>
> I've implemented the same feature in KPassDlg; obviously, I won't commit it
> unless it's approved.  The diff is available at:
>
> http://cis.strath.ac.uk/~ac/kpassdlg.cpp.diff
>
> Any comments?

Looks good and maybe it even helps user to pick the best password between the
ones he/she has in mind. I'm going to change 3 letters of my pwd to capitals
right now.
Maybe a case insensitive check against tokenized user name (or other user's
personals) should be added.
Great work Andrew.

Just my 0.02€

 Sponsor:
 Unico, innovativo, effieciente: ti mandano un fax ricevi una mail e non spendi nulla per il canone fax...scopri come cliccando qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid27&d)-10