running application from $kdedir with multiple kde installs

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kdemail.net
Tue Oct 26 14:16:28 BST 2004

Hi,

I am running a debian box here, with kde installed from the distro. I also
have another KDE self compiled and installed into /usr/local. I have a new
script which sets the environment, and then calles $KDEDIR/bin/startkde. This
script is called from GDM.

Now, if I open  konsole, I see the environment I expect to. But I think that
kdekstop does not. I run (for example): kword and I get the version
from /usr/bin and not the one from /usr/local/kde/bin.

For this reason, I can type some applications in the krun window, and they
will not run, since they are kde3.2 applications which try to load 3.3
plugins.

Is this a bug in my config, or should I report this as a bug?

--
diego, kde-il translation team, http://www.kde.org/il