Supermount handling in KMountPoint

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Oct 15 16:54:25 BST 2004

On Friday 15 October 2004 15:39, Gustavo Pichorim Boiko wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've done a small patch to fix supermount handling in KMountPoint
> Supermount doesn't use the device name in the specified field of fstab/mtab.
> Instead, it puts "none" on this field. The device name is specified in the
> mount options.
>
> Please review the patch and tell me if it is ok.

Looks ok. Please use "const QStringList&" for the argument to the new method,
and a ConstIterator instead of Iterator in its implementation.

kio/global.cpp might need a similar fix, but that's another story.

OTOH one might wonder why anyone needs KMountPoint to show supermount-ed
directories. Those don't need Type=Device .desktop files to be mounted/unmounted,
and KMountPoint is mostly used in the property dialog for device .desktop files, no?
(no objection to the patch, just wondering where the class is used)