Moving to SubVersion

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Fri Oct 15 08:32:42 BST 2004

Am Freitag 15 Oktober 2004 09:03 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> On Friday 15 October 2004 04:42, Derek Kite wrote:
> > If clee's comments on planetkde are accurate, to have a repository
> > would require about 48gb. Can anyone confirm that?
>
> I'm also wondering if this means that the server side database grows
> that much or even the amount that you will download during a checkout,
> update increases (so the local checkout increases as well).
Well, for one: we're planing on cleaning out kde-i18n's history before going
anywhere. this alone will reduce our current repository from 12 to ~6. And
from my experiments I would say the SVN repository would be around 10
(haven't read clee's comments so far).

Andras's concerns I can't answer before we started more serious experiments,
e.g. with kdenonbeta

Greetings, Stephan