kde release changelog idea

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Thu Oct 14 08:35:12 BST 2004

On Thursday 14 October 2004 01:53, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> Rather than have maintainers update changelogs, wouldn't it be possible to
> have a bugzilla report that showed bugs closed during that minor release
> time?  I am able to do this now on the query page (show bugs fixed between
> date A and B for all projects), but a much better/prettier page could
> probably be made.  It seems almost natural to take advantage of bugzilla's
> capabilities to create these reports for us.
>
> -It would update in real time as the release progressed
> -It would get rid of all the complaints about missing changes and be much
> more acturate
> -People can click on the bug/feature to get in depth detail about it.
> -Removes duplication work by developers
>
> What do you think?

I have been thinking about using a calendar file for both TODO and changelog.
It would be nice with extended TODO items (like a dependency field and a
related bugs field). The Changelog could be the calendar journal part, moving
copying from TODOs when marked as finished could be automated.

This does not directly involve having cvs logs in the changelog though, which
is also a nice idea :)

-anders

--
Hjælp verden -- tænk, tal og stem IMOD Bush ved det amerikanske valg
Help the world -- think, speak and vote AGAINST Bush at the american election