Moving to SubVersion

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Sun Oct 10 17:55:33 BST 2004

On Sunday 10 October 2004 11:30, Leo Savernik wrote:
> CVS is simply mature, does not undergo significant changes, and can simply
> be relied upon. SVN is still in flux and will change frequently. Oh, I
> already anticipate recurring statements like, "KDE rep doesnt work with svn
> 1.x anymore, use 1.x+10 instead". So you will be forced to update svn
> *often*, much more often than once in a decade.
>
> Why dont we wait until SVN reaches a mature state like cvs, and switch
> then?

A 12 Gb database, 4 distro releases with more then 5000 packages was enough
stability for ust at Conectiva.
And yes, we had update a lot of times in the past, since we are one of the
oldest beta testers of subversion, but we run out of problems for a long
time.
Just FYI, see how we can handle out things with subversion:
https://moin.conectiva.com.br/RepositorySystem

[]'s

--
Helio Chissini de Castro