Request for feature removal: "Double-sized pixels" in icons

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Tue Nov 30 14:45:32 GMT 2004

On Monday 29 November 2004 21:59, Antonio Larrosa Jiménez wrote:
> I agree.
> If Olaf and Gunnar give their approval from their accesibility point of
> view, then there's no problem for me (and I don't know why wouldn't they
> since it's possible to select a bigger icon size anyway).

Hmm, nobody seems to recall that one very good reason for this feature has
been already mentioned: Selecting larger icons might give you more detail,
which is fine for most of us, but not from an accessibility point of view.

So, ideally the icon loader should support an option like "remove details" in
addition to freely adjustable sizes, which would make it deliver icons of the
requested size (so that all clients get the icon sizes they ask for) by
scaling up smaller, less-detailed versions of that icon.

AFAICS, this brings some work and new UI strings into play.

Greetings,
   Hans