double sized icons still needed ?

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Mon Nov 29 10:03:41 GMT 2004

El Domingo 28 Noviembre 2004 12:54, Olaf Schmidt escribió:
> [Martin Koller, Sonntag, 28. November 2004 11:05]
>
> > So I'm wondering, if/where this setting has relevance at all?
>
> A lot of partially sighted people prefer really huge icon sizes.
>
> Currently you cannot select bigger icons sizes than  16 for small icons,
> 48 for toolbars, and 128 for the desktop. If you need bigger icons, than
> you can currently only do this by additionally doubling the icon size. Of
> course it would be better to offer icon sizes up to 256 in all cases
> rather than having an additional checkbox.

This is not true - at least generally - it depends on the icon theme.
For example with FlatSVG you can have toolbar icons (or konqueror icons, for
that matter) as large as 256x256. It all depends on what the icon theme
supports, and with SVG icons, there is no problem in scaling icons to
whatever size. Actually, I think I remember that Crystal icons would work
too, by smooth scaling the image for the missing size.

--
Luciano Montanaro

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a yo-yo
                                                            - Enoch Root