double sized icons still needed ?

Nikolas Zimmermann wildfox at kde.org
Sun Nov 28 11:27:06 GMT 2004

On Sunday 28 November 2004 11:05, Martin Koller wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As I'm working on #79932, I stumbled over the problem, that the setting for
> double-sized icons does not work neither on the desktop nor in konquerors
> icon-view (the doubled size is not taken into account and therefore the
> icontext is somewhere in the middle of the icon).
>
> So I'm wondering, if/where this setting has relevance at all?
> Crystal SVG has already sizes up to 128, so do you think we could remove
> this option ?

Hey Martin,

I'm not sure wheter it's worth doing this in HEAD, as
'newsvgiconengine' branch does exactly this thing,
despite adding a slider for the icon size selection
in the kcontrol module...

For KDE4 the 'newsvgiconengine' branch should be
the default anyway. I'd appreciate if you instead
would volunteer do test this specific branch a bit more...

Bye
 Bye
  Niko