KConfig XT / kconfig_compiler

Stefan Nikolaus stefan.nikolaus at stuco.uni-oldenburg.de
Sat Nov 27 17:34:38 GMT 2004

Am Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:51:25 +0100 hat Stefan Nikolaus
<stefan.nikolaus at stuco.uni-oldenburg.de> geschrieben:

> Am Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:16:22 +0100 hat Waldo Bastian <bastian at kde.org>
> geschrieben:
>> [...]
>> Can you rename kdeui/konqueror.kcfg to kdeui/kdeui.kcfg and post it to
>> kde-core-devel for comments? I think there are some issues there that we
>> need
>> to resolve with how the parameter stuff is handled.

There are several member functions accepting the configuration object and
the group name as arguments. How can the configuration entries handled by
these funtions be described with the KConfig XT framework? Passing through
the configuration object's file name to the .kcfg file is possible. The
group name can also be passed as parameter. But if one configuration
file/class is desired, this would result in a group sharing the entries of
all the mentioned member functions. Any ideas how to avoid this except of
defining different .kcfg files?

Attached updated kdeui.kcfg file including all entries with fixed groups
and some with variable group names.

--
Stefan Nikolaus