RFC: Keeping track of online/offline status & central DNS service

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Fri Nov 26 11:26:01 GMT 2004

On Friday 26 November 2004 11:07, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Or would this be without scope of such a demon? Are demons user specific or
> avaible to all users on a machine?

KDED is user specific.

> What about the support of central servers which deliver the internet
> connection (think a dial-up router of a small network)?

You would need to find a way to signal the connection state of the central
server to the kded internet module on all affected clients.

And gracefull shutdown will be a bit more complicated if you want to
coordinate that between different clients.

I think it's something to keep in mind but I don't think we should focus too
much on it right now.

Cheers,
Waldo
--