Still problems with gcc 3.4 and visibility

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Tue Nov 23 14:38:14 GMT 2004

> Yesterday I couldn't compile it, but with dirk's fixes it compiles ok. The
> problem is that konqueror, the taskbar and trayicon don't work
> correctly, so
> I think it's still failing.
>
> trying to open konqueror reports this:
>
> The konq_sidebar library does not offer init_konq_sidebar function  (or
> something like that, because I have it in spanish).

That's trivial, but universal and portable way of declaring components is to
use (already defined and enabled for visibility in klibloader):

  K_EXPORT_COMPONENT_FACTORY( konq_sidebar, KonqSidebarFactory )

instead of playing with:

  extern "C"
  {
	void* init_konq_sidebar()
	{
		return new KonqSidebarFactory;
	}
  }

CC'd to jowenn, by the way

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska / Kexi Team