KDE_EXPORT macros in khtml/dom?

Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 23 09:10:03 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I was trying to compile Quanta today and it wouldn't link, complaining about
missing symbols, all of which involved DOM::foo.  So, I checked my
libkhtml.so, and the missing DOM functions were in the symbol table (objdump
-t), but not in the dynamic symbol table (objdump -T).

I'm assuming this has something to do with using the -fvisibility=hidden flag
with GCC when compiling kdelibs (but not kdewebdev), since the symbols that
aren't present (DOM::CharacterData, DOM::Range, DOM::Text) don't have
KHTML_EXPORT declarations in their header files.  Even after adding those
declarations and reinstalling, there were still link errors, so I'm not sure
what to do.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne