Behaviour of const KSharedPtrs

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Nov 15 10:02:56 GMT 2004

On Saturday 13 November 2004 00:45, Richard Smith wrote:

> Now, is this a bug? I think so. KSharedPtr<T> is, after all, supposed to to
> have pointer-like semantics. Pointers don't behave this way.
> boost::shared_ptr doesn't behave this way. And if I really want this
> behaviour I can use a KSharedPtr<const T> instead.
I guess, const correctness went wild. So I guess you have to add this to the
API documentation and then fix it for KDE4. Meanwhile you will have to
const_cast the returned value.

Greetings, Stephan

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch
Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화