Moving kfilereplace to kdeutils

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sat Nov 13 00:01:41 GMT 2004

On Friday, 12. November 2004 21:05, Knut Morten Johansson wrote:
> On Friday 12 November 2004 Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> >Move Cervisia out of KDE and into kdeextragear. If it looks like packagers
> >will have to package it standalone anyway to be able to resolve the
> >dependencies Quanta and KDevelop have on it properly, there's no point in
> >dragging it along with kdesdk. Thinking about it, most of the recent
> >additions to kdesdk really would lead a better life in KEG, kompare,
> >umbrello, kcachegrind...
>
> Most packagers builds standalone packages for all of those anyway so I
> whats your point.

I am a packager, and building standalone packages from kde module tarballs is
not a trivial task (especially if you have both binary packages and a
source-build framework to worry about). Of course this weighs in more heavily
of you're (like me) an unpaid packager in a rather small team of other unpaid
packagers.

> The clue with having different modules are to group
> programs which makes sens to keep together, ether for dependency issues or
> area of usage.
>
> kdesdk - tools to help development, which kompare, umbrello, kcachegrind
> and Cervisia does.

See my other mail regarding that.

> If you are looking for dependency problems, I suggest find the real ones.
> Like kdesdk depending on kdepim at compiletime. (My last CVS build was some
> time ago, 23/9). I think it was KBugBuster  or Kbabel who wanted
> libkcal/resourcecalendar.h.

KBugBuster, and it's not news to me.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org