XML Schema for XML GUI

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Wed Nov 10 13:09:47 GMT 2004

Folks,

I wrote a XML Schema for KXMLGUI, it's attached. It dictates the "gui"
version, instead of the deprecated "kpartgui". It validates against random
files :), but has TODOs sprinkled all over since I'm not intimate with the
format, and some of it looks suspicious. I'll commit it to kdelibs/kdeui in a
couple of days, unless someone objects.

Now.. Combined with that documentation for the KXMLGUI is practically
non-existant, this makes an excellent opportunity for brushing up the face
outwards. David's script could copy the schema to www.kde.org/standards, and
a grande "KXMLGUI -- KDE's user interface XML framework", a shiny, extensive,
technical reference at developer.kde.org documented the innards of it, while
the Schema had its last polish.

I'll update the Schema as requested, but the document at DKO.. Takers? :)

BTW, we should have naming guidelines for XML formats, such that our
frameworks can come out consistent for KDE 4. I'll try to cook something up,
at some point, for KDE Policies.

Cheers,

		Frans