'LIBADD' contains unknown flag

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Tue Nov 9 12:30:55 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 09 November 2004 11:07, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Tuesday 09 November 2004 08:13 schrieb Lauri Watts:
> > That's not so bad though, since kde-config also segfaults, so even if I
> > make kdewidgets compile, kdebase can't even get through configure.
>
> Hmm, if it crashes it could mean that the bsd linker isn't as robust as
> hoped, but still supports the linker flag. But perhaps you can tell us
> about the back trace, so we can check if there is a problem that just
> doesn't happened yet to Linux users. If not, we will disable it for
> non-linux systems.

For what it's worth, we have the gnu ld during build, but a different rtld.

In any case, Andy Fawcett got a clean build, which pointed me back at
something local, and rebuilding to get a bt turns up that this seems to be a
nice combination of threads and NVidia binary drivers (well, the libGL from
there.)

BT's (identical) from both kde-config and kdewidgets here:
http://people.fruitsalad.org/lauri/stuff/kdewidgets-bt.txt

This is not the first time that combo has been a really big problem for Qt on
FreeBSD, and it's certainly not within the scope of KDE to fix it.
Previously we had a big recommendation to not install Qt with OpenGL support
on FreeBSD, I think we might be looking at restoring that.

I think turning off --as-needed for non-linux systems would be premature, but
since we can't fix whatever's wrong, being able to turn it off if required is
a pretty good compromise.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts