Auto-WONTFIX for old UNCONFIRMED wishlist items

Malte S. Stretz msquadrat.nospamplease-hi6Y0CQ0nG0 at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 5 12:31:06 GMT 2004

On Friday 05 November 2004 11:03 CET David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 05 November 2004 10:25, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > I don't completely agree. So far, UNCONFIRMED and NEW were quite
> > interchangeable, so the script should also check of stale NEW entries
> > as well as those that are UNCONFIRMED.
>
> I disagree. If it does both, then how can I (as a developer) ensure that
> some wishes don't get cleaned up? If the script only checks UNCONFIRMED,
> then I can set them to NEW to keep them.
>
> Yes so far they were interchangeable, but let's change that from now on.

One possible issue with that:  Somebody already complained in some bug that
I always report my bugs as NEW, not UNCONFIRMED.  But that's not me but the
wizard who either likes and trusts me too much or has a bug somewhere.  I
guess that has to be fixed first or the script in question won't make much
sense.

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>