multiple wallpapers by default

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sat May 29 18:33:43 BST 2004

On Friday 21 May 2004 12:28, Sean O'Dubhghaill wrote:

[snipped]

> You can check out the usability thread here:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-usability&m=108410867708086&w=2
>
> The main drawback that was rasied was about performance, I'm running a
> 800mhz G3 ibook here any there is a slight delay between changing desktops
> and the wallpaper changing which increases if the wallpaper is scaled
> instead of just centered. Can anyone with a slower machine report on what
> it feels like? Maybe this could be turned off on slower machines using the
> desktop settings wizard eyecandy-o-meter (which i think turns desktop
> wallpapers of anyway on slow machines).
>
> Does anyone here any objections or thoughts.

Yes. Why couldn't this problem be simply solved by changing the virtual
desktop pager to show "name" instead of "number" by default ? If something is
clearly labeled "Desktop #", I do not think it would be that difficult for
the "average joe" user to figure out that there is more than one desktop,
specially if the user is as curious as the one used in the argument above.

--
Regards,
Dawit A.