kfile_lnk plugin

Martin Koller koller at etm.at
Fri May 28 22:02:53 BST 2004

On Friday 28 May 2004 12:22, Craig Drummond wrote:
> > > Have you enabled the retrieval of previews and meta data for smb? Look
> >
> > at
> >
> > > konqueror's config dialog, in the "Previews and Meta-Data" section.
> >
> > Yes, I have (with a filesize limit of 2.7 MB - which I do not hit)
> > Still, it does not work.
> > Could you tell me if it works for you?
> > Thanks.
>
> Just tried with a TTF font - and both preview and meta data worked fine.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this is simply not implemented.

I mean, looking into the code of the txt kfile plugin, it opens a file (using
QFile) to read the metadata. This is similarly done in the HOWTO at
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/kfile-plugin/x154.html

but doesn't this mean, I can _never_ get meta data from a URL which addresses
a non-local file ?

If so, do I have to use KIO::get() or something ?

--
MfG,      ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
Martin    /\                        - against microsoft attachments

#332716 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org