Everybody is linking to libidn under kdenetwork

İsmail Dönmez kde at myrealbox.com
Fri May 28 20:41:53 BST 2004

Hi all,

Looking at kdenetwork/kopete/protocols/configure.in.in line 123 and
afterwards , I see that it sets CFLAGS and LDFLAGS for libidn and everything
under kdenetwork ( kppp,kget,kopete ) links to -lidn which is unnecessary and
adds extra startup latency to these applications.

Afaik libidn is only used for kopete jabber plugin and only it should link to
-lidn. I do not know enough autoconf magic to do this. So I post it here.

Regards,
/ismail