A home for KIMProxy

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Fri May 28 19:45:30 BST 2004

On May 28, 2004 07:17 am, Will Stephenson wrote:

> They are separate, but I think kabc is more to do with stored, fixed data
> rather than interfacing to live data from messaging apps.

You are right, but what I mean is there is a funamental misunderstanding of
what kdelibs/interfaces is. kdelibs/interfaces are *not* interfaces to other
apps. They are *interface classes* to be implemented, like KTextEditor,
KScriptInterface, etc. The .cpp files hardly even have any code in them.

libkimproxy defintly does not belong in here. The DCOP IDL spec for it could
go in here, because that describes a generic interface. But a library that
contains implementation code like libkimproxy would be way out of place.

--
Jason Keirstead
http://www.keirstead.org