KDE Speaking Opportunity in Ohio

William R. Lorenz wrl at express.org
Tue May 25 06:20:42 BST 2004

Hi KDE Gurus,

I'm searching for KDE developers that would be interested in speaking at a
considerably large (but not too large) and free event in Ohio this year.
I know this could be a good opportunity for anyone able to participate.

I've been involved with the Ohio LinuxFest (www.ohiolinux.org) since its
inception, now in its second year and previously drawing in people from
throughout the Mid-West of the United States to take part in the fun.  I
also use KDE on my desktop (3.2.2) and love it much, and I have a lot of
appreciation for consistently great things I see coming out of the KDE
camp. :)  So naturally, I'd much like to see a KDE talk at our event! :)

Our official Call for Presentations has already closed for this year, but
our core team has agreed to provide a little slack for talks that we'd
like to personally bring into the event.  As such, I myself wanted to
contact the KDE people I know are here in hopes that I might be able to
help put together a KDE talk for this year's event.  The event, with free
admission (registration required so that we know how many people to expect
in the venue), will be held on Saturday, October 2nd, in Columbus, Ohio.

If you're interested in speaking at the event or know someone who is, I'd
like to kindly ask that you please contact me and let me know what you (or
your friend) might be able to talk about and what it would take to be able
to bring you into the event this year?  If you could tell me a bit about
yourself (e.g. "I've been involved with KDE for a long time, and I really
like working on X, Y, and Z"), that might help me to understand where
you're coming from a bit more.  Don't be shy to ask me questions about
event plans, what kind of talks might work, or otherwise, either! :)

In any case, I do hope I might hear from you.  Thanks so much.

__ __ ___ _| | William R. Lorenz <wrl at express.org>
\ V  V / '_| | http://www.clevelandlug.net/ ; "Every revolution was
 \./\./|_| |_| first a thought in one man's mind." - Ralph Waldo Emerson