Fwd: Little mountwatcher patch.

Gustavo Pichorim Boiko boiko at conectiva.com.br
Thu May 20 15:23:29 BST 2004

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 18:21, Gustavo Pichorim Boiko wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 May 2004 11:27, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > any comments?
>
> Well, I saw this problem some days ago, but when I was reading the
> mountwatcher code, I saw that there are many dcop calls (and some methods
> in kio_devices) that recerences the list entries by their IDs (the position
> in the list) so I thought removing the element is not a good idea. But
> these methods aren't used so much...
>
> My opinion is that the methods which reference the entries by their IDs
> should be removed (as they aren't so much used) and only the methods which
> reference the entries by the name should remain.

The only code which is using these functions is the kio_devices. I think it
should be changed, but I want to have another opinion before doing this :)

By the way, the removeOldDevices function was wrong. I fixed it in CVS.

I want to backport Simone's patch to 3.2 branch. Does anyone have any
objection?

[]'s
--
Gustavo Pichorim Boiko