KIconDialog

Arend van Beelen jr. arend at auton.nl
Thu May 20 13:18:26 BST 2004

On Wednesday 19 May 2004 20:22, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 May 2004 19:52, Arend van Beelen jr. wrote:
[snip]
> > Right now the loading is all in the same thread and the user can't click
> > on anything while loading. This means if he wishes to select a different
> > icon context, he first has to wait till the current one is loaded.
>
> How about using timers instead?
The current approach uses a timer, but it doesn't work as described at all.
Though I think I should be able to get it to work then.

> This is mostly a GUI operation, so it can't
> be done from another thread (Qt only supports GUI operations from the main
> thread).
I assume this will be better with Qt 4? ;)

[snip]

--
Arend van Beelen jr.
http://www.liacs.nl/~dvbeelen

So if you want my address, it's number one at the end of the bar.
-- Marillion