KIconDialog

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Wed May 19 22:17:56 BST 2004

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 07:52:45PM +0200, Arend van Beelen jr. wrote:
> Expectingly, this will require some big rewrites (actually I already started a
> bit). So, are there any other ideas, or objections?

One feature I'd like for KIconDialog and might get around to is to let
applications configure/override the predefined system dirs and descriptions.

Locating the appropriate system dir is currently limited to contexts from
the KIcon::Context enum though. I suppose KIconDialog::slotContext should no
longer merely cast the combobox selected item id to the KIcon::Context enum,
but instead the inserted options should be mapped to either a context or
dir. KID::showIcons() could then use KIconLoader::queryIconsByDir for
options mapped to a path directly.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had
cap at capsi.com | better learn baseball" -- Jacques Barzun