A Language-Based Paradigm (Was Re: Avoiding Problems by Avoiding Decisions)

Maks Orlovich mo002j at mail.rochester.edu
Fri May 14 21:15:23 BST 2004

> The key is, it is not *country*-based, b/c really, the choice has nothing
> to do with a country.  I may choose the German language although I live in

Well, some of the settings do have to do w/the country --- at least the
currency sign does. And although for example some Hispanic Americans may
prefer a Spanish translation, they still would want $ to denote the currency
(and perhaps the imperial units). I don't know how the preferences for things
like the decimal separator vary though.