libqt-addon removed

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at kdemail.net
Fri May 14 01:16:42 BST 2004

Jason Keirstead wrote:
>So I assume we can safely port all KDE 3.3 code to use these new
> classes now?

Yes.

It's still missing one key functionality: buffered sockets. I won't have
time to code till next week, but I promise to do it as soon as
possible.

KSocks integration is also a must, but we can do without for a while.

>I have been waiting until the class rename to do this for Kopete IRC.
>
>Also - does HTTP proxy support work?

Yes, it should. Needless to say, it's very raw and not thoroughly
tested. I did try one HTTP proxy server at home and I managed to make
existing code retrieve the webpage from www.kde.org through a proxy.

If you must know what I did, I made an LD_PRELOADed library that sets
the default KSocketDevice factory to HTTP proxying if the http_proxy
environment variable was found. I will write code to initialise this
socket code from KInstance (i.e., read the proxy configuration from
kdeglobals).

It cannot do any authentication yet, but feel free to commit code to do
that.
--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info