Fwd: listview search line in kkeydialog

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Thu May 13 23:48:38 BST 2004

On Thursday 13 May 2004 03:00, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Thursday 13 May 2004 03:04, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> > I had this message sent to Ellis a week ago. Since no answer, I take the
> > liberty to forward it here. Please advise.
>
> The label should read "&Search:".

OK.

> And I have the impression it doesn't work
> correctly, eg "Configure Shortcuts" in Konsole and searching for "session"
> lists such actions as "Activate Menu", "Bigger Font", "Clear History"...

I saw that too. According to Scott Wheeler, it seems to be a bug in Qt,
related to hiding items in a listview containing trees. My code does
absolutely nothing unusual (that would trigger this). Scott's code in the
SearchLine widget is pretty straightforward too.

I still think this patch should go in even before Qt gets fixed (Scott seemed
to be on a path to finding the cause). It just makes much much simpler to
look for things in apps with more than 10 shortcuts (many such exist).

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org