disabling loading of kded autoload modules if KDE desktop is not running

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu May 13 12:43:02 BST 2004

On Thursday 13 of May 2004 13:31, Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  The attached patch changes kded so that autoload modules are loaded on
> kded startup only if that's also KDE startup. Can anybody see a problem
> with that? I do't think there's any reason why just starting e.g. KWrite
> outside of KDE should also load kwrited, klaptopdaemon, kmilo and what not.
> In case some of the explicitly CC-ed people (that's people responsible for
> various autoload=true according to cvs annotate) have a good reason why not
> to apply this patch, please speak up.

 Note that if that KWrite running outside of KDE really needs some kded
module, it can still load the module itself. I just see autoload kded module
as a kind of small KDE daemons, and I don't think there'd be any kded module
that'd have to be definitely always loaded outside of KDE.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org