very simple devel tasks to do

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Thu May 13 02:51:03 BST 2004

On Wednesday 12 May 2004 16:50, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> Do you think you'll be able to organize a forum/BoF/workshop for
> new people interested in "juniour jobs" at aKademy? Do you think
> we should ask the Quality Team people to cooperate whith that?

Best setup:

1) add a FIX_REQUIRES_ENTRY_LEVEL_KNOWLEDGE tag in the bugs.kde.org, to be
affixed by owner of the bug only
2) create an entry-level-tasks at kde.org mailing list (free read i.e. archives,
subscriber posts, eventually moderated). The subscription message should
clearly state these present rules
3) make the bugs.kde.org engine automatically post bugs to the
entry-level-tasks mailing list upon FIX_R_E_L_K affixing. The automatic
message will contain a standard roster that will require posting patches to
the bug report or contacting the owner of the bug preferably _after_ patch is
ready.
4) advertise

This will hopefully provide a fix to Guillaume's observation (that I tend to
subscribe to) that people walking around asking with what or where to start
aren't actually ready/willing/able to contribute in the end (I dare to
endorse this observation with the fact that I invented the jobs page at
kde.org and I managed it for many months a few years ago).

Thanks.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org