[Kde-pim] KDE 3.3 Release Plan is up

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun May 9 15:58:43 BST 2004

On Sunday 09 May 2004 12:03, Michael Brade wrote:
> On Saturday 08 May 2004 23:04, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > > It would also mean
> > > that KDE PIM 4 would stagnate in certain areas (though this might
> > > not be the worst of the disadvantages).
> >
> > Corporate users don't want to upgrade to every minor release of
> > KDE.
>
> Hmm? I don't believe this 100%. I do believe the "every", but other
> than that: why do we provide BC then if nobody upgrades anyway?

Because companies that develop KDE applications also want planning
reliability?

> This
> would even mean that corporate users are not interested in 4.0.x
> upgrades, right?

Unless those upgrades are security upgrades this is probably true.

> Which would be 0% less work compared to a
> kdelibs-4.x upgrade, BTW.

Not at all. If you use the auto-update feature of YaST (and admins of
corporate desktops will use this) then you'll get security upgrades for
free. But you won't get an upgrade to a new minor release for free.

Regards,
Ingo