Proposal: modeless KInputDialog boxes

Matt Rogers matt at matt.rogers.name
Fri May 7 05:16:35 BST 2004

Hi,

KDesktop bug 75959 stems from the fact that there are no modeless versions of
the KInputDialog boxes, so I thought that I would make an attempt at adding a
few of them. I'd like to know what people think of the idea and also get a
question answered before I get started on a patch (because I have a feeling
it might take me awhile).

Currently, KInputDialog handling is all done via static functions. I'd like to
do the same thing with the modeless versions, but I'm not completely sure
that handling signals and slots would work if the modeless versions of the
KInputDialog boxes are static functions.  Is it possible to handle signals
and slots when using a static function like KInputDialog::getText?

Matt