kdetrayproxy into CVS - where?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu May 6 11:22:38 BST 2004

 Hello,

 I'd like to import kdetrayproxy
(http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=10660) to KDE CVS. It maps the
KDE tray protocol to the XDG one, allowing one to use KDE tray icons in KDE
when running other WM than KWin, and it allows one to use KDE tray icons in
GNOME (or whatever else uses the protocol too).

 As it's about 300 lines, including 4 copyright headers, I assume there'd be
no problem with simply putting it in kdelibs, however I'm not sure where to
put it exactly. There's no special directory for such things in kdelibs, and
having extra toplevel directory for something so small is probably too much.
Would it be fine to put it in kdelibs/kdeui/kdetrayproxy?

 As I changed kdetrayproxy to be loaded only when really needed, there should
be no overhead caused by it, other than simply being in kdelibs.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org