when a script is not a script according to krun...

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Mar 30 21:13:49 BST 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 22:01, ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> I guess the question begs to be asked do we check if the mimetype is a
> script and to check for the execute bit, or to just check for the execute
> big alone?  Do you see any issue with just looking at the execute bit
> alone?

If I give the execute bit to a PNG, what would happen? :)

I think it still makes sense to have a known list of executable types, IMHO.

Especially when vfat partitions show everything with the executable bit set,
then clicking on any file would trigger "couldn't execute foo.txt" ...

> If it means I can have it yet this week, Im more than willing to do so and
> think I might have half of it done already.
Great.

> No need to add it to your list, unless you really want more work ;)
Not really, no.