[Kde-bindings] Re: py(Qt|KDE) and KDE CVS

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 01:32:05 GMT 2004

On Sunday 21 March 2004 21:09, Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> On Sunday 21 March 2004 14:37, Richard Dale wrote:
> > > (Forwarded message from Simon Edwards, the guy who would want to
> > > maintain the python bindings in a visible place (more visible than
> > > kdebindings, since that module has code ranging from totally deprecated
> > > (SWIG) to fairly recent and possibly maintained (korundum)))
> >
> > Is it ok if I pull out the ruby bindings out of kdebindings then too?
> > Then we can have language bindings all over the place, and in two years
> > time someone will probably come up with an intitiative to merge the
> > various kde bindings back into a single module (cf the Gnome Platform
> > bindings). If
>
> No need to get snippy, Rich. That was an honest and straightforward
> proposal, and you could give a straightforward answer instead of making up
> fantasy situations.
I'm sorry about that - please accept my apologies - I shouldn't have sounded
irritated. But obviously I would be very pleased to see PyQt/PyKDE in
kdebindings. On the other hand, if it was checked into anther module it would
be sending out the clear message that kdebindings are a pile of
non-production quality crap.

-- Richard